- The Parent/Teacher Collection has materials that may assist you in curriculum planning.
- Dvd's and Videocassettes may be checked out at no charge for classroom use.
- Big Picture Books - Large-size children's books for reading aloud to groups of children.
- Educational Toys and Games for children in preschool through eighth grade.
- CDs make up our music collection.
- Magazines may be checked out from the Kids' Library and from the Magazine Department in Adult Services.
- Braille, Signed English and Large-Type books also are available in the Kids' Library.
- Computers are available for use in the Kids' Library. Some features include:
- more than 25 software programs.
- reservations taken up to one week in advance for Elmhurst cardholders.
- Boardmaker software for use with children with special needs.
- CD-ROMs to check out
Preschool classes are invited to the Elmhurst Public Library every April for a 30-minute program that includes stories, songs, and a puppet show.
You may arrange one additional storytime to be held in your classroom and one additional storytime to be held in the library. To enable the preschool coordinator to plan a program that meets your students' needs, it is important to call 630-279-8696 to arrange the visit at least three weeks in advance.
One of the Library's roles is to serve as a Preschoolers' Door to Learning. As the preschool coordinator, I assist preschool teachers in finding appropriate library materials and to present storytime programs to preschool classes.
I have greatly enjoyed working with Elmhurst preschool teachers in the past, and I look forward to seeing you this year. To request that a collection of books be pulled or to schedule a classroom visit, please call me at 630-279-8696.
Preschool Services Librarian
Elmhurst Public Library